Sunday, April 23, 2006

Mmmm...Retreat

Ah, look! She's not dead after all! Joe, call the coroner back!

I love all you guys who update regularly, with brilliant content for me to read, and I'm sorry I've been awful and haven't reciprocated...the job at the paper looks like it's going to turn into a once a week thing instead of a once a month thing, and my Mom wants me to work on my novel. Not to mention I've been spending less time on the computer anyway, focusing more on what's important that I need to get done around the house...and we have so many activity things that just keeping up with the homework on them takes up so much time.

Whoof!

I'm excited though. Our youth group is having our spring retreat this weekend! Retreat is always a great time, because God always moves in amazing ways. People got healed last retreat, addictions were broken, there are always so many great testimonies coming out of it. So many people like jumping around to the worship and it seems like it's their favorite part, but it's not really my favorite part.

My favorite is sitting in the glorious, sunny, blue-sky, green-grass outside and have quiet time, with just God, me, my prayer journal and my Bible. It's so peaceful, it's almost literally like the old hymn "In The Garden".

"He walks with me and He talks with me, and He tells me I am His own. And the joy we share, as we tarry there, no other has ever known."

And I think of Elijah, in the cave, fleeing Ahab and Jezebel,

"The LORD said, 'Go out and stand on the mountain in the presence of the LORD, for the LORD is about to pass by.' Then a great and powerful wind tore the mountains apart and shattered the rocks before the LORD, but the LORD was not in the wind. After the wind there was an earthquake, but the LORD was not in the earthquake. After the earthquake came a fire, but the LORD was not in the fire. And after the fire came a gentle whisper. When Elijah heard it, he pulled his cloak over his face and went out and stood at the mouth of the cave."

-1 Kings 19:11-13

That's what I'm hoping for this weekend, a whisper from Him, something I can hang onto when the everyday's of life set in, when the normal seems to clog my system again. I always love to see Him move in spectacular awe-inspiring ways, with loud feats of wonder, and I can't wait to see what He'll do this weekend, but I also pray that everyone will also experience the joy and peace of His reassuring whisper.

2 Comments:

Blogger Matt said...

I hope you advance during your retreat. Have a great time.

9:26 PM  
Blogger autumnpretense said...

woot!!


lovelovelove

9:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home